Well the show is fast approaching and we have lots of excited children who are looking forward to showing you all they have been practising for some time now.
So here, below, is hopefully all the information you will need on the run up to the show;
- DANCETASTIC FANTASTIC. This is the name of our 2016 production. It takes place on 1st & 2nd October at The Brindley Theatre in Runcorn.
- Tickets are on sale either directly from the Theatre or online.
- All children are involved in the show. The cast list has been at the top of the stairs for some time, but please check your child’s name is listed and correctly spelt as the programme is currently in progress.
- Rehearsals are as follows; Saturday 24th September. 2-5pm. At NLDA. No costumes.
- Friday 30th September 4.30-9.30pm. At the theatre.Full costume.
- Saturday 1st October. 10am-5.30pm. At the theatre. Full costume
(A detailed rehearsal programme will be issued asap so that the younger children are not there too long)
Shows are as follows;
Saturday 1st October. 7-10pm
Sunday 2nd October 2-5pm
- Fees for the week of the show are normal ( including the Friday and Saturday) as this will help cover the cost of the theatre and staff hours.
- Please please please do not allow the children to miss any classes as we have very little time left now and this affects the whole group.
- There will be a full costume check for EVERY child on Monday 12th September from 4.30-8.00pm. Please send in your labelled costume carriers before then. All costumes will be issued the week before the show, but only to those who have paid in full. There are still some outstanding costume fees.
- Merchandise. There will be new show T.shirts on sale at the theatre and programmes. The T.shirts will be £12 and the programmes will be £3. Please can you pre order your T.shirts to avoid disappointment.
- IMPORTANT. Photos will be taken of every child on Saturday 10th September 10.30-12.30 and Wednesday 14th September 5.30-7.00pm. All should wear the Navy leotard and hair should be tied back off the face. This is for the programme. Please note that those missing will unfortunately not appear in the programme.
- All children require special dancekin tights. These are available at the school for £10 a pair. They last a long time if looked after.
- All children have been allocated a changing room backstage. The list is at the top of the stairs. Also, we still need a few more offers of help from mums,nana,sister,aunts etc. But all must hold a current CRB/DBS check certificate.
PREPARATORY CLASS INFORMATION
- The Prep class is only needed from 4.30 on the Saturday and 1pm on the Sunday. All should arrive with hair in a bun and make up done. We will show you at the school what the make up is like.
- The Prep class only appear in the first half of the show. They should then be collected in the interval and either taken home or into the auditorium to watch the second half. If they stay and watch they need a ticket. This will be supplied by Miss Conroy free of charge but must be pre booked on reception. This offer is only for one show.
Finally, thank you all for your continued support. We hope that all involved enjoy the run up to the show and the actual event. The children work so hard and it would be a shame not to have good audiences. Please encourage as many family and friends to come.
Miss Conroy and staff. 😊